bienvenue aux tempetes Index du Forum

bienvenue aux tempetes Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

Override My Quest To Go Beyond Brain Training And Take Co

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    bienvenue aux tempetes Index du Forum -> Candidatures -> Candidatures acceptées
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
pregnvital

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 20:51 (2017)    Sujet du message: Override My Quest To Go Beyond Brain Training And Take Co Répondre en citant

Override: My quest to go beyond brain training and take control of my mind
by Caroline Williams

->>->>->>DOWNLOAD BOOK Override: My quest to go beyond brain training and take control of my mind

If your mind has a mind of its own, this is the audiobook that will teach you how to discipline it and stop it wandering off....

Can you really rewire an adult brain? In theory the answer is yes, but there's a problem: no one seems to know exactly how to do it. In Override, science journalist Caroline Williams sets off on a mission to find the answer. Delving into the latest studies on brain plasticity, which indicate that brain games don't actually do much to make you smarter, she tries to square her findings with the reality of brain plasticity - that the brain adapts physically as we learn something new. Visiting top neuroscientists in their labs, Williams volunteers herself as a guinea pig in neuroscience studies, challenging researchers to make real changes to her - functioning but imperfect - brain. Seeking first to improve on her own weaknesses, such as a limited attention span and a tendency to worry too much, she then branches out into more mysterious areas such as intelligence, creativity and the perception of time.

Trying everything from high-tech brain stimulation to meditation, adding bolt-on senses and retraining her stress response, Override is a very intimate, fascinating journey into discovering what neuroscience can really do for us - and, crucially, whether it's worth all the bother.

Override: My quest to go beyond brain training and take control of my mind Caroline Williams
Override: My quest to go beyond brain training and take control of my mind ebook android pdf

NO ITEMS LOG IN CONTINUE BROWSING Thomas Finney rated it liked it Feb 27, 2017 Tinker rated it liked it May 03, 2017 If your mind has a mind of its own, this is the book that will teach you how to discipline it and stop it wandering offIn the 1970s, only fitness fanatics went to the gymAnkur marked it as to-read Jan 31, 2017 Then it didn't take long for people to then jump on that and turn intobraintraining apps: “Improve yourbrainage by doing these things everyday - these puzzles every day.” I guess from then I saw two things

Yes, it's really not good for anyone! Kylie: Overall, was it difficult to maintain some of the lessons you've learned in the book? Caroline:Yes, well, the one that has really stuck is the sustain attention training I did which wasn't so much about learning a skill, it was about getting to learn the state of mind that is best for focusing for long periods which I thought is called relax and ready but it's like being in the zone reallyKylie:But it's one thing to read general articles or phone up someone and say, “Hi, what does your research say?” It's another thing to pop yourself into an MRI… Caroline:YesYes, you see the benefit of being a science journalist is that you don't have to do the slow tedious process of doing science, that takes years, and years, and years, and you just go in at the end and say so many exciting stuffI am a UK-based science journalistwith 15 years experience in magazine and radio journalismmarked it as to-read Jan 30, 2017 Katya Becerra marked it as to-read Feb 01, 2017 Nick marked it as to-read Jan 11, 2017 In fact, it jumps into them quite early in the bookKylie:How long did it take you to plan this book? Did some of your previous journalism tap into the subjects that led to this extended investigation? Caroline:Yes, some of them bubbling away for a very long time

My quest to go beyond brain training and take control of my mindMarc Lewis, award-winning author of The Biology of Desire Can you really rewire an adult brain? In theory the answer is yes, but there's a problem: no one seems to know exactly how to do itBut some people didn’t like that! They thought it was a bit-- they didn't like it anywayJacky marked it as to-read Jan 15, 2017 Do not redistribute without obtaining permissionTheir publication does not necessarily constitute and endorsement by CSI or its members unless so stated Search CSI: Latest Issue The July/August 2017 Skeptical Inquirer Archive Past Skeptical Inquirer articles now available online Skeptical Briefs Selected articles from CSI's quarterly newsletter Special Articles CSI's web-only exclusives Guide for Authors A guide to submitting content for Skeptical Inquirer Tweets by SkeptInquiry News & Announcements Skeptical Inquirer Is Now Available Digitally February 18, 2016 Skeptical Inquirer is now available digitally on Apple Newsstand and on all other major platforms through the Pocketmags appAvailableon AmazonAt the same time, it was all the idea of yourbrainchanging was being co-opted by self-help, left right and centre, saying, “Look, there's neuro-plasticity, you can change who you are.” I was also curious, so I got this shopping list of things I'd like to change about my own mind, andbrainA similar revolution is happening in brain fitness and training

Justen rated it liked it May 09, 2017 Anton OI'd heard it was really loud and clunky and awful, but luckily, by the time they shoved me in these scanners I'd usually been doing several hours of psychological tests by then, and I was completely exhausted, and I actually found it quite restfulI've never had an MRI scan before I did all thisGaia Vince, award-winning author of Adventures in the Anthropocene A more nuanced understanding of how our brains really work that is both empowering and insightfulShe holds a BSc in Biological Sciences from Exeter University and an MSc (Distinction) in Science Communication from Imperial College LondonOkayIn 2011 she was presented with the Secular Student Alliance Best Individual Activist Award and presented at the World Skeptics Congress 2012Kelly-Ann rated it liked it Mar 20, 2017

More OptionsRather than trying to fight that and think that you've got to be on all the time, just giving yourself a bit of time to let your mind wander where ever is, it doesn't feel like work but it's actually going to make you more patient anyway and it's going to make you feel better and more relaxedThey were talking to me through headphone inside, and they just sounded like something like mission control from NASA, and they're like, “Hey, are you okay in there?” I'm like, “YesEmma marked it as to-read Jan 22, 2017 Scribe SITEMAP View all the pages of our site CONTACT Australia United Kingdom NEWSLETTER SIGN UP Submit Multi-time winner of the Australian Small Publisher of the Year Award Facebook Twitter YouTube Copyright 2017 Scribe Publications 48a4f088c3

The+Smiley+Smiling+Smiles+of+Randall+M.+Rueff+on+4-5-2017+A.D.Sketches+of+the+Life+and+Travels+of+REV.+Thomas+Ware%3A+Who+Has+Been+an+Intinerant+Methodist+Preacher+for+More+Than+Fifty+YearsReport of the Excursion Made by the Executive and Legislatures of the States of Kentucky and Tennessee, to the State of Ohio, on the 26th, 27th, and ... of Ohio, and the Citizens of CincinnatiEnglish Lands Letters and Kings: From Celt to TudorGently Down The Stream (Modern Plays)American NotesTales of Our Great Families, Vol. 2 of 2 (Classic Reprint)Como Educar a un Esquimal Americano (Spanish Edition)75 Birthdays: Landmark 3/4 of a Century (Family History & Lifetime) (Volume 5) Brian RiderSpringer Spaniel Diets Matter: Dog Treats Grain Free Cookbook, Blank Recipe Cookbook, 7 x 10, 100 Blank Recipe Pages

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 20:51 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    bienvenue aux tempetes Index du Forum -> Candidatures -> Candidatures acceptées Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange